- School Blazer with badge
- School Tie (which must be worn neatly knotted and tight to the fastened collar)
- Shirt – plain white
- Trousers – plain DARK grey or BLACK (no chinos or denims)
- Jumper - this should be plain grey and v-necked or the School pullover for Years 7, 8 and 9. Years 10 and 11 may wear either a plain grey or a black v-necked pullover.
- Shoes - plain, conventional black or brown shoes (with matching laces), which are capable of being polished. Trainers, heavy working boots, suede, patent or fabric shoes are not permitted.
- Socks – plain dark
- Outdoor Coat - a coat in a single, dark, and plain colour (black, dark grey, blue or green), without decoration, words or logo. Leather, denim, or brightly coloured “ski jackets” are not acceptable schoolwear.
PE AND GAMES CLOTHING
Red and green reversible games shirt with embroidered School crest on the outer side
- Black ‘pro’ shorts with embroidered School crest
- Games socks (bottle green with red turnover top)
- Football/Rugby boots
- Outdoor training shoes
- White/bottle green trim shirt with embroidered School crest
- White/bottle green trim shorts with embroidered School crest
- Plain white socks
- White pumps or lightweight light coloured training shoes with light soles for Gym use.
- A strong waterproof bag in which books and A4 files can be carried home without becoming damaged.
- In School the books can be stored in a locker.
- A separate bag in which PE and games kit can be carried to School and to lessons.
- A good quality pen e.g. a fountain pen, good quality gel pen or biro (black or blue ink),
- Pencil, rubber, sharpener, ruler, coloured pencils (not felt tips). These should be kept in a clearly named pencil case.
- A protractor and a pair of compasses or a Maths set.
- A small glue stick.
- A small English Dictionary (pocket-type).
- A craft apron (available from Monkhouse Limited), clearly named.
- A food technology apron: this should be a full length plain navy or navy striped butcher’s apron, and clearly named. Suitable aprons can generally be bought in shops such as Tesco or Sainsbury’s.
- An ovenproof dish approximately 20-30cm in diameter.
- A medium sized plastic container with a sealed lid, again clearly labelled with your child’s name.
- At home, access to materials suitable for backing textbooks and exercise books. Plastic exercise book covers may be used if preferred.
- Depending on what type of locker is in the form room, either an easily identifiable key ring for the key or a padlock and key (not a combination lock).
- We recommend id-rite for uniform labeling. Please contact id-rite via www.id-rite.co.uk
IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT ALL ITEMS OF CLOTHING, BAGS AND PENCIL CASES ETC ARE CLEARLY NAMED.
USED SCHOOL UNIFORM
Altrincham Grammar School for Boys Parents and Friends Association has a second-hand uniform service. Comparable prices at Monkhouses in brackets.
Blazers: £15 - £35 (£70)
School Jumpers: £10 - £15 (£25)
Tie: £4 (£8.75)
Games/Rugby shirts: £10 - £15 (£30)
Games/Rugby Shorts: £8 - £10 (£19)
White PE Top: £8 - £10 (£19)
White PE Shorts: £5 - £8 (£15)
PE Socks: £4 (£9)
Apron: £3 (£7.50)
White School Shirt: £2.00
Black/Charcoal School Trousers: £5
All monies go directly to the PFA fund. Please contact the PFA on is firstname.lastname@example.org